Sunday, September 20, 2015

A Happy Week

Hi everyone!

This week was the best week ever for two reasons: First, my grandma got to stay. She brought us lots of candy. She gave lots of hugs and I haven't seen her for a long time, so it was nice of her to come. We went on lots of walks and she read me stories. Sometimes she came with my mom to pick me up from school.

One of the bad things this week was when I hurt my arm doing a one-handed cartwheel. I bent my arm back the wrong way. I cried for a long time. My grandma comforted me and read me a story. She said that Sour Patch Kids were medicine if you were hurt.

The other awesome thing was I started a dance class. It was the best dance class ever. I haven't had so much fun in ages in a dance class. I do a Zumba/modern dance class. My teacher is really nice. Sometimes she can be really funny too. I haven't made friends with any of the other kids yet, but they seem nice. I can't wait to go again next Tuesday.



The rest of my family started activities too. Sophie started swim, my brother started BMX, Anna went climbing and my mom started Zumba and Piloxing. My dad goes to work, but at least he has time to spend with us on the weekend.

In France you have to go to the doctor to get a medical certificate that allows you to do a sport. We all went to the doctor this week to get ours. When the doctor filled out mine she asked me if I was doing rugby. She uses that joke on everyone. In America you don't have to go to the doctor for sport so... you're lucky.

On Wednesday my friend "Squid"got to sleep at our house because her mom was having eye surgery.  We ate apple pie and played outside for a little bit. We got eaten by mosquitos. When it was time to sleep, we snuggled into Sophie's big bed. We would have slept better if J hadn't been in the same room keeping us awake, but mom sent him to the couch anyway, and then we slept great.

Saturday grandma left really early in the morning. That morning, I went into her room to wake her up but she wasn't there. It made me sad. I can't wait until she comes again.

Later that day my mom and I had a game night. It was so fun because we got to play the wii, we got to watch a show and read stories because everyone else went to a youth activity in Marseille. It was awesome because it was just us and we got to eat Macaroni and Cheese and Oreos. It was soooo good.



That's the week.

Love,

E





No comments: