Monday, May 24, 2010

The Soccer Mom

Okay, I admit it...I am a TOTAL soccer mom (minus the minivan). From August to October and March through May there is little else I think about. Both girls had really fun seasons. They worked hard and improved quite a bit. We even discovered that Anna is an amazing goalie...much to her dismay, as she would rather run around on the field colliding with anyone who tries to get near the goal.

This year Anna played on a AA competition team called the Jaguars. It was a newly formed team so it was a rough start, but by the end they were beginning to play like a team. They are such cute girls. I can't wait until next season.


On Saturday, Sophia tried out for a U-10 AA competition league and made it. She was is so excited and she is really looking forward for soccer season to begin.
I am so glad the girls enjoy playing so much. I totally love the game so it has been really fun coaching them and seeing them grow. However, I am also looking forward to next season as I will not be coaching either Anna or Sophia's team. I really look forward to sitting back in the cheering section...of course James might need a coach :).

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I'm glad they found something they are passionate about. Soccer is fun. You are a great soccer mom and you had a mini van during many of those seasons to boot! Somehow I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you are James' next coach. :)

BECKY said...

Minus the mini-van? What do you drive then?!

Super fun!

Brenda said...

(I was surprised when I started to comment that I had already commented!) I loved my kids all playing soccer too - it's a great sport with lots of action!

Aloha_Misty said...

Meredith I had no idea that you were coaching the girls soccer teams. How fun! Tell the girls congratulations. We are proud of them!