Thursday, April 1, 2010

What?!

It's finally here...April Fools Day! James has been waiting and planning all week to play an April Fools joke on me, but through my vast April Fools experience I have learned that the best time to play a joke is before the jokee realizes what day it is. That being said, first thing in the morning I jumped gleefully out of bed, and ran with a purposeful panic downstairs to James' room. I paused outside the door to get in character and ran into the room, grabbed his covers and in an urgent voice said, "James, James get up! It's 8:15. You're late for school." Now to the boy's credit he didn't even flinch but flung his covers off the bed, sprang out of bed, and ran out of the room. I called out to him, "James, wait." He obediently came back into the room, a look of determined focus on his face. I looked at him and in my best nah-nah-nah-nah-nah voice I said, "April Fools!" He immediately tackled me with an "I can't believe you got me," and we laughed. Of course, he spent the rest of the morning trying to get me with things like "Ellen's fish (a big yellow rocking fish) is growing!" But to no avail. That's right. Mom-1 James-0.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Ha - I'll bet April Fool's day is BIG at your house - with you leading the pranks!

BECKY said...

Cute :)

Brenda said...

Hehehe. Way to go Mom!