Tuesday, July 20, 2010

A New Home for the Night

Last night we had a late night delivery. Not just boxes, but sectional-couch-size boxes (thanks Al and P!). They were so big they almost didn't fit through the fence to the backyard. It was just like Christmas when I unveiled them in the morning. The children spent most of the morning and part of the afternoon crafting homes. They would make very chic homeless people.

This is the final result: a one room palace big enough for 4 and all stuffed animals, pillow, blankets, cushions, games etc. that they could ever need for a sleepover.

They look pretty happy in their home-made tent. Sleep well little ones.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like FUN! I loved making forts as a kid. Your kids are the best at playing make believe. I loved the magic treehouse game of James and Ellie.

Brenda said...

Great posts! What a stroke of genius to give the kids giant boxes for a day of play in the summertime!

Brenda said...

Big boxes are the BEST! My kids are still playing with the ones we got right after we moved. How fun that they got to sleep in them. Good times!!!!!

Catherine M. said...

um, love your blog. adore your family. Forgive me for not ever having checked the blog in the past. I'm not good at the blog thing. Really though Meredith. I want to be a part of your family life. Thinking of your excellent family so far away makes me melancholy. Love you all! We'll chat soon.

Cat