Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The First Day of School 2009

Well the first day of shcool finally arrived. The kids were so excited to begin a regular schedule of learning again. I hope the enthusiasm continues. But the big question is...what in the world am I going to do with three of my children gone ALL day? I know I will figure out how to cope, but seriously, they are such a big part of my life they leave a big hole when they are gone. Ellen is taking it well so far, and only cried once because she wants to go to school with the big kids. It is going to be interesting to have just one child at home. Breathe deeply. It's going to be okay.

The big three on the big day.
Big J our first grader.


Sophia, the third grader with attitude.

Who is this lady like little thing? It's Anna.....the sixth grader! I am not that old really.



7 comments:

Brenda said...

Your children are so adorable!!! (Maybe you should take up quilting?)

Holly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly said...

I can't believe that Anna is in sixth grade either! I'm grateful Hailey has a late birthday, she will be in 5th. Hannah is in 4th and Aubrey and Alyssa will be in 1st too! Your kids are so darling! I have the empty hole too when they are gone...they grow too fast and I feel like I miss out on so much! I look at it as time to grow with Josh since he is the caboose and hasn't had a lot of alone time...enjoy your time with Ellen!

Aloha_Misty said...

Tell the kids we wish them a happy school year! Do they have to wear school uniforms? They looks so old. Enjoy Ellie! I sure feel empty (yet love the quiet) with just Sabrina gone.

Angie said...

No- you aren't old. Because if you were... then I'd be even older.

BECKY said...

Wow, time flies. I still remember the first time you brought Anna to a family thing as a newborn. And now she's all grown-up!

Suz said...

Sixth grade isn't so bad--just remember that next year it's SEVENTH!